Terms and Conditions for Usage of uscgdocumentation.us Website
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on U.S. Vessel Documentation’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to deconstruct or reverse engineer any software contained on U.S. Vessel Documentation’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by U.S. Vessel Documentation at any time.
- Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- By using this website, you, the customer, warrant to us that all information provided is true and accurate and that you are not using any transaction to commit any wrongful civil or criminal act.
- Likewise, if a documentation transaction is rejected due to any error in the completeness or accuracy of the information you provide, then the consequences for such are solely of your own doing, and USVD bears no responsibility or liability caused thereby. This could include suspension of your rights to use your vessel and penalties, prosecution, and fines of up to $10,000 assessed by the USCG;
- In no event shall U.S. Vessel Documentation or its suppliers be liable for any consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data, or lost profits, or damages due to business interruption) arising out of the use of inability to use the materials on U.S. Vessel Documentation’s uscgdocumentation.us website, even if U.S. Vessel Documentation or a U.S. Vessel Documentation authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
In no event shall U.S. Vessel Documentation or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on U.S. Vessel Documentation’s Internet website, even if U.S. Vessel Documentation or a U.S. Vessel Documentation authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
4. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on U.S. Vessel Documentation’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. U.S. Vessel Documentation does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. U.S. Vessel Documentation may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. U.S. Vessel Documentation does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
U.S. Vessel Documentation has not reviewed all of the websites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by U.S. Vessel Documentation of the website. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
7. Governing Law
Any claim relating to U.S. Vessel Documentation’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
8. Fees are Non-Refundable; Failure to respond Will Result in Cancellation of Application
- By accepting these terms and conditions and making all payments required for your transaction, you acknowledge that there will be no refund of any fees charged by us and paid by you for any reason.
- 90-Day Period to Respond to Deficiency in your Documentation: I understand that if I do not respond to deficiency requests within 90 days of the date of the deficiency request, my application will be cancelled.
- Fees submitted for online applications include application fees to the NVDC as well as company fees for services provided.
9. Disclaimer; Cancellation/ Refund Policy
- I understand that U.S. Vessel Documentation is NOT the U.S. Coast Guard or the National Vessel Documentation Center.
- I understand that U.S. Vessel Documentation does not represent any government agency and is not endorsed by any governmental agency.
- I understand I am submitting my application through a private company.
- I understand that all of my application and processing fees regarding the submission of my application are nonrefundable.
- I understand that in the event I desire to cancel my application, my fees are nonrefundable.
- I understand that my application will be processed in the order in which it was received and no exact time frame regarding my application can be given as every application is unique.
- The materials on U.S. Vessel Documentation’s website and mailed publications are provided “as is.” U.S. Vessel Documentation makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, U.S. Vessel Documentation does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or mailed publications or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- This service has not been approved or endorsed by any agency of the government.
- [This is not a government sponsored website, but is a private fee-for-service company assisting private vessel owners in seeking registrations, renewals, and other documentation requirement of the National Vessel Documentation Center of the U.S. Coast Guard]
- Please be advised that applications submitted over the weekend will be processed the following Monday.
- USVD is not responsible for lost, damaged or destroyed mail.
10. Eliminate The Possibility of Reinstatement Fees By Paying Your Yearly Renewal Documentation In Advance.
- The NVDC requires an annual renewal of all active vessel registrations, which can only be done, each year, one at a time. In order to avoid a lapse in registration we offer a pre-paid service to you. This is not a subscription. You will not get charged a yearly fee.
It is an advance payment option for future renewals and you will only get charged a one-time fee at the time of your application submission per the number of years selected. USVD will pay all government fees on your behalf to the U.S. Coast Guard National Vessel Documentation Center, for the selected amount of years.
- You will automatically receive a certificate of documentation with the validity of one year, per the number of years selected.
- In the event of cancellation, please be advised that all processing and application fees are non-refundable. As a courtesy, fees paid for the unused renewal years can be applied to other documentation services offered by USVD.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and make use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available, to customers, information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
U.S. Vessel Documentation and uscgdocumentation.us are NOT the National Vessel Documentation Center; we are a third party agency that handles U.S. Coast Guard Documentation processing to NVDC.